February 18, 2019 Subject:
Weekly podcast by John Zerzan 29 Jan 2019
Weekly podcast hosted by John Zerzan, an influential anarcho-primitivist, deep green, anti-civilisation activist and writer, since the 1960s. He lives in the north-west of USA, and the podcast is broadcast on the University of Oregon's radio station, KWVA and online via http://johnzerzan.net/radio/. Each edition usually includes talk, guests, phone-in and a little music.
29th Jan 2019 podcast review:
John was suffering from a heavy cold/flu while recording this.
- Indigenous component in rewilding ... new book about survival and renewal 6:00 appx
- Loneliness, the UK even has a Minister for it ... neuro-steroid medicine for it? 7:00 appx
- Michel Houellebecq's 'Serotonin' novel review 10:00 appx
- Various eco-updates
- Sleep disorder health crisis 12:00 appx
- USA killings ... 15:00 appx
- Australia animals killed in drought ... 16:30 appx
- "Lost words" - vocabulary removed from dictionaries relate to the environment being lost; domesticating/silencing effect of children's literature TLS, UK 19:00 appx
- Conspiracy theory acceptance up to 61% in USA, 60% in UK, The Guardian ... who killed Kennedy isn't a big issue now ... 22:00 appx
- Deep ocean mining killing species ... 22:50 appx
- Job disatisfaction ... estranging ... 26:00 appx
- Reality may be a computer simulation, Motherboard Vice says ... let's hope so, and press re-set?
- Space junk falling to Earth 29:00 appx
- North American Rewilding Conference - caller description, from 33:00 - 45:00 appx
- China debt repayment; social pressure to be encouraged through a new app 45:00 appx
- AI/the internet of things may have hit a wall, needing more invasive data 47:00 appx
- Tokyo man weds robot ... robot abuse? 48:00 appx
- 'The Age of Surveillance Capitalism' by Shoshana Zuboff, new book mentioned 49:00 appx
- Resistance news updates and music to the end